3. (promesse) compromisso (m) 4. (accord) compromisso (m)
5. (conduite) empenho (m); esforço (m)
An engagement ring is essential to win your girl over; there are even standards on how much it should cost, based on your salary!
After two years of engagement, when we were even talking of getting married, our love went to the dogs.
"I hope you will always be very happy, Dorian," said Hallward, "but I don't quite forgive you for not having let me know of your engagement.
Everything starts with the engagement, a matter of duty you have to comply with.
I am sorry, I cannot come. You see, I have an engagement in an hour.
Mr Köhler: Sunday is not such a good day for me. I already have an engagement.
Of course, our engagement is a dead secret.
The couple is celebrating their engagement today.
You should also get an engagement ring to declare your love to the bride.
A long engagement exhausts them, but they are capital at a steeplechase.
1. garantie: signature
2. promesse: obligation, serment, stipulation, vœu
3. pacte: traité, contrat, convention, lien
4. combat: action, conflit, assaut, échauffourée