I nod, even as she shakes her head. She thinks I’m going to ruin the operation, but I know what I have to do. I fail to thank her, only succeeding in opening my mouth before she’s opening the door.
Branching and merging are two basic operations of revision control.
Do I need an operation?
Doctors refused to perform a second operation.
Father is going to undergo an operation.
I don't want to have an operation.
My brother may have acute appendicitis, in which case he’d have to have an operation.
My father has been in good shape since his operation.
On the client side, very time-consuming operations should run asynchronously so as to avoid freezing the browser. The best example is the operation of Ajax.
在浏览器端，耗时很长的操作都应该异步执行，避免浏览器失去响应，最好的例子就是 Ajax 操作。
Operation Yoav was a military operation carried out by Israel in its war for independence.
1. effect: action, efficacy, force, influence, virtue
2. procedure: act, action, execution, deed, manipulation, handling, doing
3. affair: agency, business, course, manoeuvre, transaction
4. administration: guidance, superintendence, ordering, order, maintenance, supervision, control
5. promoting: compelling, enforcement, advancement
6. surgery: dismemberment, removal, vivisection, dissection, acupuncture, section, excision